Wednesday, May 27, 2009

Today's loss: -.6
R2 Total: -26.4

Hit the 180's today! 189.4... good bye 90's... can't say I'll miss you!

Thanks so much Brooke for suggesting I reward myself for reaching that milestone... hadn't thought to do that! It was a bit of a quandry since so many rewards are illegal on P2 like massage, manicure, food... I had decided to go get roller blades, then someone suggested on the hcg forum that I buy some shoes... I LOVE shoes! I'm thinking about getting some nice spikey heels... maybe I'll get both the roller blades & the shoes... I'm working on thinking that I'm worth it!!

I also put on more makeup than I really should on P2, curled my hair perty & visited a couple of offices I used to work at.. one office is awesome with people I love.. the other office... well lets just say they aren't the nicest people except for one friend I made while I worked there. Both visits were a fun reward for totally different reasons.. The first was great with everyone telling me how awesome I look (yes, I soaked it up!) The second, I felt a vindication to go back almost a year after leaving knowing how much better I look . Leaving such a stressful work environment was one of the reasons I felt ready to take this weight off... not only did I put weight on working there, but I just couldn't concentrate on myself cause I was so consumed with work. I have to admit my heart was racing as I climbed the stairs to the bad office... it was shocking how all those horrible feelings came racing back to me and I realized how greatful I am that I left such a negative place.

When I got home I did something I haven't done in months... I went straight to the fridge and opened it to look in... I couldn't believe I did it! My knee jerk reaction to a stressful situation... no I didn't eat anything but it sure drove home the point of how many things we do on an emotional level that we don't even notice unless of course you on hcg and can't eat through your feelings.

By seeking out vegetables of varying colors (BEST CHOICE: tomatoes), you'll automatically get a range of phytonutrients, each of which has its own particular health promoting strengths. These colorful plant foods also happen to be incredible sources of soluble and insoluble fiber - both essential for hormone balance and impossible to get from animal products. - Master Your Metabolism, Jillian Michaels

2 comments:

  1. Great job Shelley! I'm so glad you got to do that. It must have been wonderful to show off your new body! And good for you for recognizing where those bad feelings were taking you, and NOT giving in! You have done an amazing job. Congratulations for hitting the 180's! You are going to feel so great on that hike this summer.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Shelley, good for you! So glad you went to show off your new bod to your friends and non-friends alike, and glad you are finding a legal way to give yourself a reward you deserve! And woo-hoo on the 180's! Never again 190's, right? I love crossing those milestones... am looking forward to starting p2 again in a couple weeks so I can start seeing some downward movement myself!
    You go girl!

    ReplyDelete