Wednesday, April 22, 2009

R2 D9: -.4
R2 Total: -9.6
Total Loss: -34

Water: 3 ltrs

TOM definately coming.... but who knows when it'll hit!! I'm just glad I haven't stalled or gained yet...

The Background
Ever find a pair of jeans that fit you just right...... oh the feeling! This is a huge challenge for me cause as I've grumbled about before.... I have huge thighs and butt.... along with that I have a fairly small stomach and waiste. When I wear normal cut jeans, the stomach is really baggy and the waiste is so huge that it has a 3 inch gape all around ... I can take my pants off without unbuttoning or zipping.... even when I'm thinner this is a constant struggle for me...

The Story
So 3.5 years ago I was losing weight and went shopping with my sister.... yes of course at a fat store. I was desperate for new jeans and imagine my delight when I found jeans that fit me perfectly! In fact I was so excited about these jeans I called my sister a few days later and got her to go back to the store and buy me the next smaller size (18's) so I could shrink into them.... my sister gives me the jeans with a card that says 'do not open this card until you get into the jeans' ya, you know where I'm going with this don't you.... needless to say I was never able to open the card cause I never shrunk into those babies!!!

So on Saturday before leaving town I was thinking about my clothes in the shed... but they are for when I hit the 180's.... then I remembered I had a bag of clothes (of who knows what) under the stairs.... I go down and start rooting around..... yep there they are... staring me in the face...... "The Jeans" As I look at them I'm sure I can hear dramatic music in the background.... I quickly remove my clothing and see if these things will fit over my hips... guess what.... They fit perfectly!!! Oh what a feeling!! So 3.5 years later I open my card and read the encouraging words from my baby sister... which was really sweet.

I hope that wasn't too long all for a stupid story about jeans, but it truly was a defining moment for me and I wanted to document it...


Nothing can stop the man with the right mental attitude from achieving his goal; nothing on earth can help the man with the wrong mental attitude. Thomas Jefferson

4 comments:

  1. What a great story! That is true sisterly love! Congrats on getting into those jeans.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good story! It reminded me of the sister hood of traveling pants and their jeans that got them through difficult situations. Anyway, congrats. You did it! So what if it took you 3.5 yrs. You did it! =)

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a great story. I love those kinds. It is always nice to know you have support even if it is from years ago. She'll come around and all will be right again.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Awe... don't we love younger sisters!! In one of my blog days I talk about how my sister was pretty much in awe I would wear Wal-Mart jeans. She said when I get to my goal weight (or less) she wanted to buy me a pair of "designer" jeans. But, that is her...And I guess since I will fit in them she feels its time my butt should enjoy luxuary :) CONGRATS!!! I love new old clothes :)

    ReplyDelete